09.2023: I will be a tenure-track assistant professor in the Algebra, Geometry, and Number Theory group in the Mathematical Institute of Leiden University.
09.2021–08.2023: I am a postdoc in Leibniz University Hannover at the Institute of Algebraic Geometry and my mentor is Matthias Schütt.
10.2020–08.2021: I was a postdoc in Max Planck Institute for Mathematics (Bonn), my mentor was Daniel Huybrechts.
04.2020–09.2020: I was a postdoc in Leibniz University Hannover at the Institute of Algebraic Geometry, mentored by Matthias Schütt.
04.2017–03.2020: I was a postdoc in the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences (Leipzig), mentored by Mateusz Michalek and Bernd Sturmfels.
I completed my PhD in Mathematics on September 2017 at Humboldt University of Berlin with a 6 month stay at University of Amsterdam. My doctoral advisor was Gavril Farkas and my co-advisor on the Dutch side was Gerard van der Geer.
For my full CV: Click here.
Contact me at: emre (at) sertoz (dot) com
Arithmetic of the periods of algebraic varieties. Heights and transcendence.
Computation of periods and Picard rank of surfaces in projective space (try PeriodSuite).
Moduli spaces in algebraic geometry, in particular moduli spaces of curves with various embellishments.
Projective geometry with an emphasis on enumerative problems.
Numerical and computational algebraic geometry.
- Heights on curves and limits of Hodge structures, with S. Bloch and R. de Jong.
- To appear in the Journal of the London Mathematical Society.
- Here is my Oberwolfach talk explaining the result.
- Separation of periods of quartic surfaces, with P. Lairez,
To appear in Algebra & Number Theory.
- A numerical transcendental method in algebraic geometry, with P. Lairez,
SIAM Journal on Applied Algebra and Geometry, 3(4), 559–584, 2019 (DOI).
- Prym varieties of genus four curves, with N. Bruin,
Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 373 (2020) 149-183 (DOI).
- Computing periods of hypersurfaces,
Mathematics of Computation, 88, 2987–3022, 2019 (DOI), software: PeriodSuite.
The list of all my papers is here.
- Rafael Mohr (Leipzig University / Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences), 2019–2020
- Samuele Pollaci (University of Bonn / Max Planck Institute for Mathematics), 2021–2022.
- Outcome article accepted to the 2023 International Conference on Machine Learning.
- Kamillo Ferry (Leibniz University Hannover), 2022.
- Thesis counted towards a double master’s degree, one in pure math and one in computer science.
- Co-organising “Computational Geometry” workshop at the Banff International Research Station (Alberta, Canada) in 2024. Joint with Alexander Kasprzyk, Alessio Corti, Elana Kalashnikov, Marta Panizzut.
- Organising “The Inner Circle” meeting for research discussions in Institute of Algebraic Geometry.
- Organised the session Algebraic geometry through numerical computation in the International Congress on Mathematical Software 2020, joint with Taylor Brysiewicz, 13-17 July 2020, Braunschweig/Germany.
- I am one of the editors for the Cubic Surfaces special issue in Le Matematiche, with Marta Panizzut and Kristian Ranestad, 2020.
- Cubic surfaces wiki and the corresponding event in Oslo, 13 May 2019.
- Non-Linear Algebra Seminar, joint with Max Pfeffer, from December 2018 to May 2019, Leipzig/Germany.
- Minisymposium on Riemann Surfaces, 9-13 July 2019, Bern/Switzerland.
- Numerical Computing in Algebraic Geometry, 13-17 August 2018, Leipzig/Germany.
Institute of Algebraic Geometry, since 2020
Max-Planck-Institute, since 2017
International Research Training Group: Moduli and Automorphic Forms, GRK 1800, 2013-2016
Space-Time-Matter, Analytic and Geometric Structures, SFB 647, 2013-2017
Berlin Mathematical School, BMS, 2011-2017